Career Guidance Cell
Our college Career Guidance Cell actively provides an essential link between education and the labour market. Our career Guidance cell has the policy “services and activities intended to assist individuals, of any stage and at any point, to make educational training and occupational choices and to manage their careers”.
The various activities of the Career Guidance Cell are listed briefly below.
- “JOB TRAINING AWARENESS PROGRAMME” conducted on 23.08.2012 at 2.15PM at Founder’s Memorial Hall lecture delivered by C. Prasanth, The Nurture, Chennai.
- “DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMME FOR JOB TRAINING” conducted on 14.09.2012 at 3.00PM at Founder’s Memorial Hall lecture delivered by
Jinas Fathima M.B.A(HR) and D.Elakkia, M.Sc., Impact Education Resource, Chennai.
- “JOB TRAINING PROGRAM” conducted on 01.10.2012 to 04.10.2012 at 10AM at III.BSc., Computer Science Class Room lecture delivered by Jinas Fathima M.B.A(HR) and D.Elakkia, M.Sc., Impact Education Resource, Chennai.
- “PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT(life skills) PROGRAMME” conducted on 07.01.2013, 08.01.2013 from 10.00AM to 4.00PM and 10.01.2013 from 10.00AM to 1.00PM for all students at Founder’s Memorial Hall lecture delivered by
Mario Jegan M.B.A., Fynn Soft, Bangalore.
- “FEDERAL BANK Off Campus Recruitment for clerks- applied for BBA and B.Com., students. Initial round on 08.02.2013, 46 students applied and from these 18 students selected for written test.
- An Off Campus placement programme conducted on 26.02.2013 at Nadar Saraswathi College of Arts and Science, Theni. 40 students were attended from PG and UG. Among the 40 students 17 students were selected i.e, 9 students from PG and 8 students from UG.
- Training program on “ANDROID” and “CLOUD COMPUTING” conducted on 19.07.2013 for Sc.(C.S), B.Sc.(,I.T), & M.Sc.,(I.T) students. Totally 70 students participated lecture delivered by N. Vivek (Manager) and M.Sasiraja (GL), NIIT, Theni.
- Training program on “How accessing is done in Corporates” conducted on 14.08.2013. 109 students from third year B.Com., First year M.Com and Second year M.Com., participated lecture delivered by Ganesh Kumar, Cognizant Technology Solution, Chennai.
- Training program on “How accessing is done in Corporates” conducted on 16.08.2013. 484 students from various third year UG students except the third year B.Com., First year M.Com and Second year M.Com., participated lecture delivered by Ganesh Kumar, Cognizant Technology Solution, Chennai.
- “Career Awareness Programme” conducted on 22.09.2017. Final year UG students from B.Com., B.Com. (CA), B.Sc. (IT), B.Sc. (Maths), B.Sc. (Physics), B.Sc. (CS), and final year PG students from M.Sc. (Maths), M.Com. and M.Com. (CA) were participated lecture delivered by Vivek (Manager), NIIT, Theni.
- An “Awareness programme on Chartered Accountancy(CA)” conducted on 25.10.2013. 400 students participated from final year B.Com. B.Com. (Banking), B.Com. (CA), BBA, B.Sc. (Maths), and final year PG students from M.Com., M.Com. (CA), M.Sc.(Maths) lecture delivered by R. Jagadeesan, B.Sc., FCA., Charted Accountant, Theni.
- The “Job Motivation Programme” conducted on 09.12.2013 at 2.45PM in the College Auditorium. The students from B.Sc. (Maths), B.Sc. (Physics), B.Sc. (Chemistry), B.Sc. (Zoology), B.Com. and B.A. (English) participated lecture delivered by Rajamani, R. Ashok Kumar, P. Gopinath and N. Kannan, Chennai Perfect Academy, Cumbum.
- Awareness Programme on “International certification for Tally & Microsoft” conducted on 06.02.2014. 155 students from first year, second year and third year B.Sc. (CS), first year, second year and third year B.Sc. (IT) participated lecture delivered by S. Sukumar, General Manager, Eminent Technology, Bangalore.
- “Career Guidance and Personality Development” program conducted on 11.02.2014. 400 students participated from B.Sc. (Physics), B.Sc. (CS), B.Sc. (IT), B.Com., BBA., B.Com. (CA), B.Sc. (Maths) and B.Sc. (Chemistry) lecture delivered by G. Gopi and Prof. S.T. Jothi Basu, Agni School of Excellence, Dindigul.
- Campus Interview conducted on 15.02.2014 by Excel Education Services Chennai. attended HR Prem Kumar, Andromeda BPO Pvt Ltd. and Jaffar Sadiq, Pacific Capital Investment Solutions Pvt Ltd, 129 students from Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College (Autonomous), Uthamapalayam and 31 students from CPA College, Bodi are appeared for an interview. 98 students from Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College (Autonomous), Uthamapalayam and 10 students from CPA College, Bodi are selected in an interview.
- Campus interview conducted on 01.03.2014 for ICICI Bank. For the first round 221 students participated. Among these 83 girls and 138 boys. attended HR
Anand Prabhu, ICICI, Madurai.
- “Personality Enhancement Programme” conducted on 07.01.2015. 158 students participated from Sc. (CS), B.Sc. (IT), B.Com., BBA., lecture delivered by
Dr. B.L. Sairam Subramaniam, MBA.,MHRM, M.Phil.,WCP,Phd., Prof &Head, Department of Management Studies, SSM College of Engineering, Komarapalayam and Dr. P. KrishnaKumar, Prof of Management Studies, SSM College of Engineering, Komarapalayam.
- “Employability Enhancement Program and Managerial Skill Development” programme conducted on 08.01.2015. All final year UG students participated lecture delivered by S. Sriram, Principal / Director, ASBEX, Dindigul.
- “Personality Development Program “ conducted on 30.01.2015. Students from B.Com., BBA., B.Com.(CA), B.Com.(Banking), B.A.(Economics). lecture delivered by R. Subramanian and Mr. B. Prabhu, Sengunthar Institute of Management Studies, Thiruchengodu.
- Campus interview conducted on 11.07.2015. 70 students from 2014 outset participated for Sri. Ganapathy Silks, Theni. attended HR Karthik, and
Mr. Deivam, Sri. Ganapathy Silks, Theni.
- “IAS, IPS motivation Programme” conducted on 27.08.2015. All final year UG students participated lecture delivered by Shamsudeen Qasmi, Alagia Kadan IAS Academy, Chennai.
- Special Lecture on “Scholarship for Higher Studies” conducted on 12.01.2016. The students from B.Sc. (Physics), B.Sc. (CS), B.Sc. (IT), B.Sc. (Maths), B.Sc. (Chemistry) participated lecture delivered by Y. Rabeek, Assistant Professor of MCA., Aalim Mohamed Salegh College of Engineering, Chennai.
- “Spoken English Orientation Programme” conducted on 02.02.2016. All final year UG students participated from various department. 400 students attended lecture delivered by Narmadha Vijay, Gateway Language Academy, Theni.
- “National Digital Literacy Mission(NDLM)” demonstration and examination conducted on 02.04.2016, 04.04.2016, 78 students from final year UG students participated and they have received the Central Government Certificates (Appreciation of Digital Literacy).
- Seminar on “Computer Networks and Fundamental Security” conducted on 23.06.2016. 94 students from B.Sc. (CS), B.Sc. (IT), M.Sc. (IT) participated lecture delivered by Ram Prasath, Instructor, Live Wire, Theni.
- “National Digital Literacy Mission(NDLM)” demonstration and examination conducted on 21.07.2016, 22.07.2016, 25.07.2016, 26.07.2016, 28.07.2017, 08.08.2016 and 09.08.2016. 200 students from final year UG students participated and they have received the Central Government Certificates (Appreciation of Digital Literacy).
- Placement program conducted on 17.02.2017 by Alcance Technologies, Chennai. attended HR Naresh, HR Alcance Technologies, Chennai and P. Saravanapandi, HR Alcance Technologies, Chennai 250 students participated in this programme 70 students selected for second round (GD) and 5 students selected for third round (Personal Interview). The following students are received the offer letter
III B.A. English
III B.Sc. Mathematics
III B.Sc. Physics
III B.A. Economics
M. Saliha Beevi
III B.Sc. CS
- An Off campus recruitment, seven graduate from various disciplines have been selected by Fin bud Financial Services Private Limited, Bengaluru for their Chinnamanur Branch. The following students are selected in this interview
- An Off campus recruitment, one of the student selected as Branch Manager, Chola Insurance Distribution Services, Cumbum. Nihitha Sobi, (B.Sc. CS) is selected in this interview.
- Seminar on “Digital Financial Mission” conducted on 20.02.2017. This program includes about online Business, how to earn money from home itself as part time, credit and debit card application, start business from home. For the first session number of students participated 200 from 11.00AM to 12.00PM. For the second session number of students participated 200 from 12.00PM to 1.00PM.
- As per the student connect program from Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, we have arranged 120 students to get the passport on 21.03.2017. The Passport Kendra allotted a special time slot for walk-in process of application without appointment at the PSKs. Today, when the world is emerging as a global village students aspire to travel to different parts of the globe under student exchange programmes, competitions, higher studies and wide varieties of learning and career opportunities while passport is an essential travel document, it is also recognized as one of the most potent and widely accepted identity and address proof document. 120 students from various departments have received the passport from this programme.
- The following four I UG students have been selected in the academic year 2017-18, for a non-governmental scholarship from tamilnadu@Sdfoundationindia.com , worth Rs. 15000/- per year per student, till the completion of their PG programme subject to their performance in semester examinations.
Student ID Number
A. Jumaira Fathima
Theni, Tamil Nadu
Theni, Tamil Nadu
Theni, Tamil Nadu
Theni, Tamil Nadu
- A one-day seminar on the topic “IT is ever green and for everyone” conducted by the Career Guidance cell on 19.9.2017. Around 214 students enrolled in the program. Suruli Sudhaharan USA was the resource person. The session was highly useful for both IT and non IT students.