DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- To provide an ambient environment for learning and research in physical science with a focus on academic excellence.
- To apply conventional and non-conventional tools in physics in tune with emerging trends of science.
- To bridge the gap between curriculum based learning and carrier readiness, employability through competitive physics in the competitive world.
- Ignite the students to pursue higher studies and research programs.
- To create a meticulous awareness among students about issues pertaining to welfare of society and environment.
A full-fledged B.Sc., Physics course was established in 1964 with the introduction of under graduate course in Physics. Those opting for Physics Major are exposed to an in-depth study of the subject. Such of the students whose Allied is Physics are instructed in the fundamentals and important segments of Physics.
The department is like a spinning board to zoom to claim better job opportunities. Students are trained and motivated to shine in the Campus Interviews and the Student-Gems in Physics are recruited by firms as a fitting reward to their exceptional merit. They are encouraged and assisted in preparing and displaying Models in Science Exhibitions which are winning Prizes for the Institution. To enhance talent and skills of the graduate students and to meet the emerging challenges and demands of the century, new subject papers are introduced as electives in the present academic year.
The department strives with an object to create an environment in which the interest and love for physics could be nurtured in every student. The training imparted to the students ensures him an overall growth and development to prepare him for the various challenges of life.
Aided Staff of the Department:
Mr. M. MOHAMED ISMAIL, M.Sc.,
Associate Professor & Head
Dr. T.K.THIRUMALAISAMY, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Dr. A. MUJIBER RAHMAN, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., SLET.
Dr. M. CHARLES ROBERT, M.Sc., M.Phil., PGDCA., Ph.D., NET.
Dr. M. FATHIMA PARVEEN, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., M.Sc., (CS & IT)
Mr. J. HAKKIM, M.Sc., M.Phil., PGDCA.,
Unaided Staff of the Department:
A. ANSAR AHAMED M.Sc., MCA., PGDIT, TNSET
Ms. M. AABITHA RAHMAN, M.Sc.,