Two Centralized Internal Assessment Examinations (CIAE1, CIAE2) will be conducted in every semester for 25% of marks. The pattern for internal tests is as follows:
|Two Centralized mandatory tests – T1 and T2||20 Marks|
|Quiz/Seminar/ Assignment||5 Marks|
External (Term End) examinations will be held in November and April for the odd and even Semesters respectively for 75% of marks. External question paper consists of
|Section – A Multiple Choice Questions||(10 x 1 mark )||10 Marks|
|Section – B Either or Type||(5 x 7 marks)||35 Marks|
|Section – C 3 out of 5 questions||(3 x 10 marks)||30 Marks|
- Separate Application Forms can be downloaded from the college website by the students and the private candidates. Private candidates are those who have not completed their course of study within stipulated period.
- Students should fill in and verify the details in the application form such as name, register number and the title of the papers and their codes.
- The examination fees should be paid in time.
- The application for examinations, signed by the student and forwarded by the Head of the Department, must be submitted to the Office of the Controller of the Examinations on or before the due date.
- The private candidates should submit their applications directly to the office of the Controller of Examinations after making payment.
- Applications received after the last date will not be accepted on any circumstances.
- The students having “No Dues” can download their Hall tickets through the college website by accessing the Students Portal.
- The private candidates can collect their Hall ticket from the office of the Controller of Examinations.
- It is Mandatory for the students as well as the private candidates to bring the Hall Ticket and Identity Card for all examinations.
- Provisional certificates will be issued to the candidates immediately after its receipt from Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Convocation certificates will be issued during the Graduation day and for further details contact College Office
THEORY AND PRACTICAL MARKS DETAILS
|Examinations||Level||Maximum Internal||Maximum External||Passing minimum in Internal||Passing minimum in External||Minimum Marks to get pass|
|Project / Dissertation||UG||AS PER THE CURRICULUM|
|PG||AS PER THE CURRICULUM|
- Single Valuation for all UG and PG programmes.
- Evaluation of practical examinations is made jointly by one internal and one external examiner.
- M.Phil dissertations are evaluated by two examiners, one by an internal examiner and another by an external examiner. Viva Voce examination is conducted by the external examiner.
REVALUATION / SUPPLEMENTARY EXAMINATION PROCESS
- The students and private candidates those who failed can apply for photocopy of their answer scripts within 7 days after publication of results.
- The students and private candidates those who failed can apply for revaluation within 10 days from the date of the publication of results. The maximum number of papers for which the revaluation can be applied for is four.
- The students those who failed in the 6th semester examinations only and have no arrears upto 5th semester can apply for supplementary examinations within 10 days from the date of the publication of results. The maximum number of papers for which the supplementary examinations can be applied for is three.
- Both revaluation and supplementary examinations facilities cannot be availed by a candidate simultaneously.
- They can download the application forms & details of fees for photocopy of answer scripts / revaluation / supplementary examinations from the college website.
- The results for revaluation and the supplementary examination will be published on the college web site as soon as the valuation process is completed.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Attendance Rules
- The students who have attended the classes for 68 days (75%) and above will be permitted to appear for the summative examinations of November / April every year without any preconditions.
- The students who have attended the classes for 67 days and less, but 59 days (65%) and above will be permitted to apply for exemption in the prescribed form to the Principal along with a condonation fee of ₹ 300/-
- The students who have attended the classes for 58 days and less but 45 days and above (50%) will be permitted to apply for exemption in the prescribed form to the Principal providing sufficient reasons for their absence supported by proper documents on payment of ₹ 600/-
- The students who have only 44 days and less attendance have to repeat the whole semester.
2. General Rules for Summative Examinations
- No one is permitted to enter the hall 30 minutes after the commencement of examination. All candidates must remain in the examination hall for a minimum duration of 2 hours.
- No student can receive the question paper before taking the assigned seat in the examination hall.
- Students are prohibited from bringing / carrying into the Examination Hall any book or portion of a book, manuscript or any matter of any description.
- Students, indulging in malpractice, will be dealt with as per the directives of the Tamil Nadu State Government and Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
- Every student is advised to keep the ID card and present it at the time of appearing in Regular and Supplementary Examinations. ID card will also be required as reference for all enquiries.