GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
It is good to air a grievance rather than to keep it bottled up. To realize the primary needs of the students and staff, and secure civil liberties for everybody, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted in Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College. The cell attempts to address genuine problems and complaints of students whatever be the nature of the problem. The Grievance Redressal Cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
The objective of the Grievance Redressal Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the Institution. The objectives of the Grievance Redressal Cell are
- To ensure effective solution to the student grievance with an impartial and fair approach
- Encouraging the students to express their grievance/problems freely and frankly without any fear of being victimized
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and non academic matters
- Upholding the dignity of the college by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the college through promoting cordial student- student relationship and student -teacher relationship, etc.
Functions of Grievance Redressal Cell
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student in the complaint boxes, and judge its merit. The cases are attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students. The committee formally meets to review all cases, prepares statistical reports about the number of cases received, attended to the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities. The college assures students that once a complaint is made, it will be treated with sensitivity and confidentiality. Suggestions / complaint boxes are installed in different parts of the campus, in which the students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the college.
Procedure for Lodging Complaint
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in the Grievance boxes placed at conspicuous locations
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell
Composition of Grievance Redressal Cell
|1.||Dr. H. Mohammed Meeran, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,|
|2.||Mr. M. Mohammed Ismail, M.Sc.,|
Head & Associate Professor of Physics
|3.||Mrs. A.J. Saleema Kathoon, M.A., M.Phil.,|
Assistant Professor of English
|4.||Mrs. M. Mumthaj, M.Sc., M.Phil, B.Ed,|
Assistant Professor of Physics