RESEARCH PROMOTION POLICY
To Promote the Culture and aptitude of quality research amongst faculty and students for the contribution of content to teaching and learning with the aim of enhancing professional competency to accomplish global competency.
- An Academic Dean for Research has been appointed to initiate, promote and monitor research activities in the Institutions.
- The Research Commitee with the Academic Dean and four members has been functioning to ensure Quality, Integrity and Ethics in Research work and to accelerate scientific temper through innovative projects, publications and research extensions
- Encourage the faculty to pursue their Doctoral Research by availing Faculty Development Programme and also to approach organisations such as UGC, CSIR, DST, ICHR, ICSSR etc., to obtain funds for major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculties.
- Provide seed money to the faculties with research proposals by way of creating Research Fund.
- Identify and establish linkages including MOUs for long term relationship with International and National research organisations for widening the scope of research opportunities.
- Provide research facilities in terms of laboratory equipments, DELNET, Wifi, research journals and research incentives to the faculties and to encourage them to obtain guideship in order to guide Part time / Full time M.Phil and Ph.D scholars.
- Formulate incentive schemes for promoting research activities by motivating the Doctorates, Paper presenters, Publishers of Books and Articles in UGC refreed journals and by honouring them annually with cash awards.
- Ensure publication in quality journals, indexed in scopus / web of science or in journals with impact factor.
- Nurture an environment of undertaking socially relevant and need based research coupled with human values based on agriculture with potential for commercialization.
- Promote interdisciplinary research and establish modalities for preparing and undertaking joint research projects covering more than one knowledge domain as well as policies or involving external agencies / experts in such projects.
- Organise more workshops / training programmes / sensitisation programmes to promote research culture on campus.