Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon is the international symbol of HIV and AIDS awareness. Red Ribbon club is a movement started by the Government of India in Educational Institutions, through which students will spread awareness over HIV/AIDS. RRC Youth of Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College is encouraged to learn about safe and healthy lifestyle. The RRC promotes access to information on healthy life and voluntary blood donation.
The programme organised by RRC will enrich the knowledge, attitude and behaviour of the youth in the interrelated areas of Voluntary Blood Donation, HIV&AIDS as demanded by their age, environment and lifestyle.
Goal of Red Ribbon Club
To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth.
Objectives of Red Ribbon Club
- To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
- Create among the youth, a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS and its prevention in the community.
- To impart skills among youth on self-protection, negotiation and effective group interaction.
- To encourage blood donations.
- To instil life skills into youths to live better and healthier life.
Red Ribbon Club of Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College usually conducts the following activities to create awareness among the student community and general public on and off campus
- AIDS Awareness Camp.
- AIDS Awareness Rally.
- Blood Donation Camp.
- Fire Safety Camp.
Composition of Red Ribbon Club
Ms. J. SALEEMA KATHOON, Assistant Professor of English
Ms. M. RIZVANA, Assistant Professor of English