Citizen Consumer Club (CCC) was established in our college during the year 2008. The objectives of Citizen Consumer Club are to educate the students about the rights of consumer as stated in Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The Club disseminates information gained through Citizen Consumer Clubs among their fellow students as well as among the people living in their respective locality.
Consumer rights as stipulated under consumer protection Act, 1986 are:
- Right to safety.
- Right to be informed
- Right to choose
- Right to heard
- Right to seek redressal
- Right to consumer education
- Right to basic needs
- Right to healthy environment
The motto of Right to Citizen Consumer club is AWARE, ALERT, AND ACT. Our college citizen consumer club is conducting various programs relating to consumer, rights, awareness and responsibilities for the benefit of the students. Our consumer club also conducts various competitions for students such as essay writing, poetry and drawing competition.
VISION AND MISSION
To emerge as a world-renowned Institution that is integrated with Industry to impart Knowledge, Skills, Research Culture and Values in youngsters who can accelerate the overall development of India.
To provide quality education at affordable cost, build academic and research excellence, maintain eco-friendly and robust infrastructure, and to create a team of well qualified faculty who can build global competency and employability among the youth of India.
Transform the youth into National Asset.
OBJECTIVES OF CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB:
Our vision of markets in India, where consumers are careful and vigilant while manufactures are responsible and ethical, guides us. The objectives of our mission would be:
- Bring awareness and relation about duties and responsibilities as citizens of India.
- Spread awareness about the rights and responsibilities of citizens and consumers as provided in the constitution of India, consumer protection act, 1986 and other Indian laws.
- To enable children, students and self help groups to work together as a team with local communities and develop in to caring, responsible and honest citizens.
- Mobilize and instill right- consciousness, confidence to question violations of citizen and consume rights and fight for justice.
- Impart knowledge about real life situations and to enable to development of skills to handle citizen and consumer issues.
- Instill concern for environment around us as citizens and consumers and sustainable on consumption habits.
Dr. M. KAJA MOHIDEEN, Assistant Professor of Commerce (Banking)
Dr. H. ANIS FATHIMA, Assistant Professor of Commerce (Banking)
Consumer Awareness Programme
Kavidhai Competition : “Abdul Kalam Sigharam Thotta Sirahu”
One Day Workshop on Consumer Rights
Various Competitions Conducted by Citizen Consumer Club
One Day Drawing Awareness Exhibition
State Level Seminar on Consumerism Initiatives and Challenges
One Day Workshop on “Consumer Rights” by Resource Person Dr. Amzad Ali, M.A., M.Phil.,PhD., B.L.,
“Consumer Awareness Programme” by Chief Guest Mr. Pudhu Raja, M.A.,
Consumer Awareness Programme by Chief Guest Mr.R. mathan kumar and p.suresh
Purity vs adultration consumer product demonstration
Consumer Awareness Programme