- To make the readers aware of the resources available to them
- Ignite the reading habit of our students & staff as a life-long activity
- To support professional growth and opportunity of our readers
- Provide the technical infrastructure and online environment
- Support the research and curriculum needs of the users
- Initiate, enhance and improve new and traditional user services
Library Services & Timings
- Book Circulation (Open Access)
- Reference service
- Journals & General magazines
- Web OPAC
- Online Access to e-resources
- Inter Library Loan / Document delivery service (through DELNET)
- Reprographic services
Library is kept open on all working days of college
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Library Rules & Regulations
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Silence to be maintained
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited
- Enter your Roll number and Sign in the register kept at the entrance of the library
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued to students on alternate day orders for boys and girls on presentation of the ID card. Students are instructed to check the physical condition of the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Book Issue Day Orders:
Boys : I, III, V
Girls : II, IV, VI
Staff : All Working days of Library
Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine Rs.1 per day will be charged for the delayed period.
If the borrowed books are lost, the students shall replace the same copy of the book or latest edition of the book or pay double cost of the book.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
BOOK BANK BOOKS
Journals and Magazines Collection
In these section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged subject wise. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack subject wise and are meat only for reference within the library.
DELNET – (Bibliographic Database/ Inter Library Loan)
News Papers & General Magazines
Library Receives 3 English and 5 Tamil News Papers.
The New Indian Express
The Hindu (Tamil)
Puthiya Thalaimurai Kalvi
Vikatan group Magazines
Enrichment Course in Library & Information Science
Enrichment programs are a popular platform to engage the pupils in the wider community. The Library & Information Science enrichment course is supporting the students to get employment opportunities in the field of Library and Information Science. The students who are look for “opportunities for build their knowledge, skills, understanding and personal development through enrichment activities”.
Part V – Library and information Science Club
Student clubs are a great way to empower and enrich their additional subject knowledge. The Library and Information Science club create awareness about library and information sources and also understand the regular activities of the library. It may inspire the student community to use the library resources in better level.
The club enhancing the student’s reading ability in terms of reading, listening and narrating the English stories in their free hour. It helps them to develop their subject reading through the reading practice.
- All the class students can participate in this club.
- Spend their free hour in the meaningful way.
- Reading practice will lead them to read further.
- Narrating the story will create confident on spoken English.
- The free hour is treated as club hour.
New Arrivals 2020-2021
Librarian : Dr. R. Renganathan, M.LISc., MBA, Ph.D.,
Library Asst. : Mr. M. Divakar
: Ms. P. Radha