Anti Drug Club
The Anti Drug Club (ADC) is a club to control and address the hazard of substance abuse among the youngsters especially college students. Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College anticipates every student of the college to be focused towards particular goal and ingenious in protecting the wellbeing of younger generations against consuming weeds, drugs, alcohol and any sort of substance abuse. The activities of the club include boundless programmes through awareness lectures, public rallies, competitions, poster exhibitions, organizing campaigns etc. The club also associates with the counseling cell, discipline committee and other units of the college to provide counseling support, moral guidelines etc to needy students. In addition to this, ADC and Tamil Nadu Police Department makes joint endeavors to address the problems related to drug abuse. The club supports the energetic mediations by Government, NGOs, De-Addiction Centres etc for a drug free society.
Drug abuse has created an unnerve health crunch among the student community on college campuses across the nation. Alcohol/drug/substance abuse is becoming an increasing hazard in the recent times and studies show that school and college students are highly attracted to tobacco, liquor, drug and other substances of narcotic value. A significant amount of our healthy young juveniles get addicted to these unwanted behaviors in due course of time posing a severe threat to their own wellbeing, while creating untold distress to their families and the public at large. In this context, Our Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College in acquaintance with Tamil Nadu Police Department has extended the activities to prevent substance abuse in college premises. Therefore within the confines of guidelines (Drive Against Drugs – DAD) proposed by the government of Tamil Nadu, a separate entity in the name of “Anti Drug Club” has been erected on 26th October 2022 in order to prevent drug abuse and similar abhorrent behaviors in and around the campus.
The Motto of ADC is ‘UP WITH HOPE, DOWN WITH DOPE‘.
- To educate and enable youth to reject illicit drugs such as tobacco, liquor, and other substances of narcotic essence.
- To prevent drug use and encourage occasional users to discontinue.
- To ensure that our pristine campus and its surroundings are maintained free of drugs/alcohol.
- To find the biological, environmental, behavioral, social causes and consequences of drug use & addiction across the life span.
- To support enforcement agencies to ensure “Drug free Tamil Nadu”.
To set a benchmark and become an ideal institution by promoting the power of ideas in the young minds to change attitudes, lives and create the drug free world, ultimately.
- To spread awareness to ensure a drug/ substance free atmosphere.
- To engage the students in anti-drug activities.
- Motivate students to become volunteers of anti-drug activities in their life.
Dr. M. ASHIQ UR RAHMAN, Assistant Professor of Zoology
Mr. S. MOHAMED ISTHRIS KHAN, Assistant Professor of Commerce
Mr. M. GULAM RIYAZ, Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Mr. A. JAVITH RAJA, Assistant Professor of Commerce with CA