Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for the Governing Body
- The governing body is the institutional accountable body.
- It is responsible for the conduct of the institution and for promoting higher grade.
- It aims to ensure that students are attending a successful institution which provides them with good education and supports their well-being.
- It acts in the interest of an individual profession to promote and support professionals by being a membership organization.
- They are usually independent of government and control entry to a specific profession, ensuring that members meet the body’s standards.
- It may provide services to members without regulating them, such as providing continuous professional development, ensuring that courses broadly cover a core curriculum.
- Approve new programmes of study leading to degrees and/or diplomas.
- It acts on public complaints and publish records of disciplinary procedures.
- Determine and prescribe courses of study and syllabi, restructure and redesign the courses to suit social needs, make it skill oriented and in consonance with the job requirements.
- Prescribe rules for admission in consonance with the reservation policy of the state government/national policy/ Minority institution.
- Promote research in relevant fields.
Code of Conduct for the Principal
- The Principal should always be honest, fair, law-abiding, objective, supportive and protective.
- The Principal should be a dynamic, democratic administrator, punctual and sincere in work.
- The Principal should oversee and monitor the administration of the academic programmes and general administration of the Institute to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the overall administrative tasks and assignments.
- To convene the meetings of the Board of Members as per the stipulated guidelines.
- To hold Academic Council meetings as per the norms.
- To coordinate and motivate the faculty, administrative authorities and the supporting staff, so that to play their respective roles more effectively.
- Encourage the Departments to organize conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Be impartial and maintain cordial relationship with the staff members.
- Redress the grievances of students, staff and parents. Insist on discipline, Punctuality and accountability of the students and the staff.
- Focus on the required efforts for the placement of the students in reputed companies.
Code of Conduct for the Teaching Staff
- Staff should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom.
- Seek to make professional growth continuously through teaching and research.
- Express and share knowledge by participating in professional meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extracurricular activities including community services.
- Work to improve education in the community and strengthen the community services.
- Be aware of social problems and take part in such activities that would be conducive to the progress of society and country as whole.
- Guide and counsel the students to be responsible citizens.
Code of Conduct for the Non-Teaching Staff
- Support staff members are expected to proceed their daily duties in a professional manner with whom they interact.
- Support staff members are assessed in relation to college activity like job performance, workplace conduct, relationship with students, faculty, colleagues, administrative staff and the general public.
- Familiarize themselves with College policies that are relevant to their responsibilities and adhere to the policies to the best of their ability.
- Support staff will not use the workplace to spread negative, malicious, unkind remarks and rumors.
Code of Conduct for the Students
- Every student must attend the college regularly and punctually.
- The students should be present at the class rooms after the first bell.
- Students must wear ID cards inside the campus during working hours.
- No students should leave the class room without permission of corresponding staff.
- Students should submit applications for leave duly signed by the parent or guardian or Deputy Warden to the Head of the Department.
- The students are expected to spend their leisure time in library.
- The students are prohibited from taking part in activities fostering communal and political hatred.
- No student should cause damage to the college property.
- The students are expected to read notices displayed on the notice boards regularly.
- The students are expected to write all the Continuous Internal Assessment Examination conducted in each semester sincerely.
- Students should keep the campus clean.
- Ragging in any form is prohibited on and off the campus.
CODE OF CONDUCT COMMITTEE
Hajee. Dr. H. MOHAMED MEERAN, Principal
Dr. S. VARGHESE JEYARAJ, Dean, Research
Hajee. Dr. A. ABBAS MANTHIRI, Dean, Faculty of Arts
Dr. S.A. NOOR MOHAMED, Dean, Faculty of Science
Hajee. Mr. S. SIRAJUDEEN, Coordinator, IQAC
Hajee. Dr. M. BASHEER AHAMED MEERAN, Coordinator, NAAC Steering Committee
Dr. M. SANTHI, Coordinator, Women’s Forum
Dr. S. HASAN BANU, Presiding Officer, Internal Complaints Committee