DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Year of Establishment – 1956
|S. No.||Programmes Offered||Year of Introduction|
Vision & Mission
- To foster knowledge, love of literature and language among students.
- To demonstrate our commitment to the society through the intensive curriculum of English Language and Literature.
- To cater to the needs of general education – communication, diversity, global perspectives and interdisciplinary studies through a coherent curricular framework.
- To assure the students’ creativity, fundamental to learning English Language and Literature through drama, poetry, prose, fiction, critical theory as well as develop their creative, critical production and presentation.
- To assist students to view themselves as professionals, as a part of their discipline with valuable skills and abilities to pursue higher and prospective career.
- To build knowledge of the content and methods of English education. literary studies as well as academic profession and creative writing in students through the autonomy of framing suitable syllabi.
- To provide appropriate pedagogies within an environment (classroom, equipment, resources, and technology) that will lead to students’ development of knowledge in the field of education.
- To instill in the faculty, a commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge.
- To prepare graduates for professional study as well as train them in various fields such as publication, research, business, law, government services.
- To encourage students to communicate effectively in English.
- Prof. S. SIVARAMAN Former Principal First Principal of our College
- Prof. A.K.G. NAIR
- Prof. IGNATIUS ABSALOM Former Principal
- Prof. ABDUS SUBHAN
- Prof. V.A. VARKEY Former Principal
- Prof. M. ABDUL LATIF
- Prof. M. KAUTHU
- Prof. G. REGUNATHAN
- Prof. S. SHEIK FARID
- Prof. PHILIP GEROGE
- Prof. I. MAHABOOB NAWAZ
- Prof. R.V. SRINIVASAN
- Prof. M. SYED IBRAHIM
- Prof. A. ALLAH BAKS
|S. No.||Date||Level||Title of the Programme||Photo Gallery|